Supporting parents and families is integral to our approach. By supporting families to reduce stressful situations at home, we aim to ensure that all children are happy and secure.
Who can benefit from family support?
- Parents/carers who are not sure who to talk to about a situation they are facing at home or school
- Parents/carers needing support, advice or guidance about statutory services involvement
- Parents/carers who are finding it difficult to manage their child’s behaviour or needs
- Initial family assessments to identify a family’s needs and levels of support required through Early Help
- One-to-one support and guidance, and a listening ear, for families and children
- Referral to external services so that families can access holistic support
- Signposting to other local support services or community activities
- Foodbank vouchers
Please note that we are legally bound to follow government guidelines where a child protection issue is identified.
At Abbots Farm Infant School and Abbots Farm Preschool we do not want to see any of our families struggling. Please drop in to see Mrs Lovejoy. We may be able to help or know someone else who can.
Other Useful Links:
Family Information Service: https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/children-families
School Nursing Service: https://www.compass-uk.org/services/c4h/
Parenting courses: https://www.warwickshire.gov.uk/parentguides
Housing support: http://www.warwickshirephil.org.uk/
Mental Health support: https://cwmind.org.uk/